Ivy Kids Kit - The Snowy DayLearn. Play. Create.
Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
If you love our products consider purchasing a Subscription Plan and never miss another Ivy Kit again.
In January's Ivy Kit, featuring the book The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats you will find:
- The book The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- Read along Bookmark: Use to assist with reading comprehension.
- The Snowy Day Sequencing Cards: After reading the book The Snowy Day, sequence the cards in the same order as the events happened in the story. The cards can then be used to retell the story.
- Peter's Snowy Day: After reading the story The Snowy Day, use the chalk to draw your favorite part of Peter’s snowy day and then add Peter to the picture.
- The Snowball Fight: The players roll the dice and throw snowballs at each other until one player has no snowballs left.
- Gingerbread Man Roll: Players take turns rolling one die and placing buttons on the numbers rolled. Players must cover all the numbers on the board to win.
- Snowman Roll: A more challenging version of Gingerbread Man Roll, players take turns rolling the pair of dice, adding the numbers and placing buttons on the board.
- Snowflake Collage: Use pom-poms, jewels, and glitter to create a colorful snowflake collage.
- Friends' Snowy Adventure: After reading the book The Snowy Day, predict the ending to the story and use the watercolors to paint the friends’ snowy day adventure.
- Winter Word Bingo: Players take turns spinning the letter spinner and placing buttons on the pictures on the board that begin with that letter sound.
- Snow Sculpture: Pretend the model magic clay is snow and use it to create a “snow sculpture.” Once dry use watercolors to paint your creation. Model magic can be used to create sculptures, ornaments, and/or handprints.
- Winter Frame: Create and decorate a frame for your favorite winter photo.
- Snowflake Life Cycle: Use the board to learn about the lifecycle of a snowflake.
- Snowflake Facts: Use the board to learn interesting and fun facts about snowflakes.
- Make Your Own Snow: Use the Super Snow powder and water to create snow. Have hours of fun playing with the snow and exploring with the measuring cups.