Ivy Kids Kit - When It Starts to SnowRead. Play. Learn. Create.
Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
You can find other amazing kit offerings available for purchase from our store.
Sign up to our newsletter to know when this kit is available for purchase.
If you love our products consider purchasing a Subscription Plan and never miss another Ivy Kit again.
In this Ivy Kids kit featuring the beautifully illustrated book When it Starts to Snow by Phillis Gershator, you will find over 10 STEAM activities inspired by the story:
- The book When it Starts to Snow by Phillis Gershator, a charming story that explores what happens to woodland creatures when it starts to snow. Where do they go? What do they do?
- Read along Bookmark: Use to assist with reading comprehension.
- Plush Wolf Pup: A soft and cuddly wolf pup.
- Wolf Pup Den: Create a cozy den for your wolf pup.
- 3D Snowflake Sun Catcher: Decorate the snowflakes with glitter glue and assemble to create a sparkly 3D Snowflake.
- Snow Sculpture: Pretend that the Model Magic clay is snow and use it to create a “snow sculpture, then decorate it with glitter glue.
- Make Your Own Play Snow: Just add 1 teaspoon in Instant Snow Powder to a 3.25 oz. cup of water and create lots of fluffy white snow.
- Build a Beaver Lodge: Use the wooden sticks to build a lodge for the beaver in the snow.
- Bear Cave: Cut a paper cup to create a bear cave.
- Create Your Own Winter Woodland: Create homes for the beaver, bear, and rabbit in a snowy woodland.
- Salt and Ice Experiment: Explore why salt is used on ice in the winter. Compare a 2 pieces of ice, one with salt and one without salt. Record your observations and results.
- Winter Shelter Board Game: The object of this game is to get your animal pawn from its START space to its winter shelter.
- What do Animals Do in Winter?: Some animals migrate, some hibernate, and some adapt to the cold. Sort the animals cards according to the animal’s behavior in the winter. Then use the card for practicing letters, sounds, and alphabetizing.
- Snowflake Symmetry: Use the wooden sticks to create your own symmetrical snowflakes.
- 100 Snowflakes: What do 100 snowflakes look like? Find out by placing 100 snowflakes onto the hundred board.
- Let it Snow: Pick a board, there are 4 to choose from. Then roll the die and place a snowflake on the number rolled.
- Snowflake Race: Roll the die and add snowflakes to the graph until the snowflakes in one of the columns reaches the top.