Ivy Kids kit - The Wind BlewLearn. Play. Create.
If you love our products consider purchasing a Subscription Plan and never miss another Ivy Kit again.
In May's Ivy Kids Kit featuring the book The Wind Blew by Pat Hutchins, you will find:
- The book The Wind Blew by Pat Hutchins
- Read along Bookmark: Use to assist with reading comprehension.
- Wind Chime: Use the paints to decorate your own beautiful wind chime. Hang it outside and listen to the sound of the chimes on a windy day!
- Make Your Own Pinwheel: Use the materials to build and decorate your own pinwheel. Take it out on a windy day or blow on it and watch it spin.
- Story Cards: Use the story cards to act out the events in the story The Wind Blew by Pat Hutchins. Each time the wind takes an item and blows it away, select the matching story card and use the straw to blow the card away.
- Can the Wind Blow it?: Learn fun and interesting facts about the wind, then conduct your own experiment to test wind power. Select different objects and test whether or not the wind can blow them.
- Letters in the Wind: In this fun literacy game using wind energy, players take turns blowing pom-poms onto letters on a board. Every time the pom-pom lands on a letter the player identifies the letter and a word beginning with that letter sound.
- Wind Art: Use a straw to blow watercolors on a paper to create a beautiful design.
- Wind Sock: Use streamers and tape to transform your wind art into a wind sock. Take your wind sock out outside and watch the streamers dance in the wind.
- Bubble Painting: Add watercolors to a bubble solution, then create amazing bubble art by blowing colored bubbles onto paper. There are two ways to bubble paint. Try both ways!
- What Do You Like to Do on a Windy Day?: Draw and/or write about something you enjoy doing on windy days. Use bubble paint to add special effects to your picture.
- Build a Sailboat: Build your own sailboat and learn about wind energy. This project fun and provides hours of fun in the water.
- Pom-Pom Bull's-Eye: Use your straw to blow the pom-pom onto the board. See how many points you can score!
- Create Your Own Kite: Use the materials provided to create your own kite. The run outside on a windy day and watch it fly.
- Pocket Kite: In this month's Ivy Kids kit you will get a real kite that fits in your pocket. Simple unzip the case, unfold the kite, tie the string, and let it fly in the wind. Take everywhere you go and you will always be ready for a windy day!
- Blowing Along the Shape Path: Players take turns rolling a shape die and moving a pom-pom along the shape board by blowing air through a straw.