Ivy Kids kit - The Three Snow BearsLearn. Play. Create.
If you love our products consider purchasing a Subscription Plan and never miss another Ivy Kit again.
In this Ivy Kids kit featuring the beautifully illustrated book The Three Snow Bears by Jan Brett, you will find:
- The book The Three Snow Bears by Jan Brett, a story about a girl that meets a polar bear family. This books gives readers a glimpse into life in the Arctic.
- Read along Bookmark: Use to assist with reading comprehension.
- Plush Polar Bear: This cuddly polar bear is the perfect companion while reading the story.
- Build an Igloo: Learn how people in the Arctic use ice blocks to build igloos. Then use "ice blocks" (made from biodegradable corn starch) to build your own igloo.
- Clay Polar Bear: Learn fun and interesting facts about polar bears. Then use the white clay to create your own polar bear.
- All About Polar Bears: Identify the different body parts of a polar bear.
- Arctic Sea Ice Experiment: Use the bowl provided, water, and your freezer to create an iceberg floating in the Arctic sea. Explore how ice acts in water and how polar bears use the ice.
- Polar Bear Frame: Select a photo and add it to the frame. Pretend to be one of the bears from the story and use the crayons to draw clothes onto the bear frame.
- Snowflake Wreath: Use lots of snowflake stickers to create beautiful winter wreath for your home.
- Save the Sled Dogs Board Game: Roll the die and move your polar bear on the iceberg path. The first polar bear to reach the sled dogs wins the game.
- Catch the Seals: Pull-back the polar bear and watch it go. If the polar bear lands on or touches a seal card, the player collects it, identifies the letter(s) on the card and names something that starts with that letter sound.
- Roll and Cover Game: Select one of the fours boards provided. Then roll the die, find the number on the board and cover it with a white pom-pom. Cover all the spaces to win the game.
- If I lived in the Arctic: Think about what life must be like living in the Arctic. Write your ideas on the space provided on the board. Then use the crayons to color a picture of yourself dressed as though you lived in the Arctic.
- The Three Snow Bears Story Retelling: Color and cut out the characters from the story The Three Snow Bears. Then reread the story and use the characters to act out the story.
- Number Stories: Create your own number stories using the characters from the story The Three Snow Bears. If Papa bear has 3 snowballs and Baby bear has 2 snowballs, how many snowballs do they have altogether?