Ivy Kids Kit - The Secret Birthday MessageLearn. Play. Create.
If you love our products consider purchasing a Subscription Plan and never miss another Ivy Kit again.
In February's Ivy Kids kit featuring the book The Secret Birthday Message by Eric Carle, you will find:
- The book The Secret Birthday Message by Eric Carle, an fun story with die-cut pages that explores shapes, patterns, and map reading
- Read along Bookmark: Use to assist with reading comprehension.
- The Biggest Star: Use crayons and watercolor paint to decorate a giant star
- Fun with a Geoboard: Create designs, shapes, and letters by stretching rubber bands on a Geoboard.
- Shape Collage: Use a variety of colorful foam shapes to create a beautiful collage on a circular board.
- 3-Dimensional Shapes: Identify and explore the attributes of common 3-dimensional shapes.
- Guess the Shape: Secretly place an object in the baggie. Try to have another player guess the shape by feeling it.
- Roll, Stack, and Slide: A 3-D Shape Experiment to test whether the different geometric shapes can roll, stack, and/or slide. Use the Ivy Kids box as a ramp!
- Shape Overlap Artwork: Use crayons to draw as many different overlapping shapes as you can. Then paint over the crayon drawings with watercolor paints. Watercolor paint over crayons creates a beautiful effect.
- Roll-a-Shape board game: Each player rolls the die and moves a 3-D object to the closest corresponding shape. The player to reach the finish first wins the game!
- Secret Message: Create your own secret message that can be revealed with watercolor paint!
- Solve the Riddle: Read the clues on the sheet and try to guess the geometric shape. Reveal the answer to each riddle by solving the shape code.
- Shape Sort: Create a colorful collage of shapes sorted by number of edges.
- Shape Memory: Players take turns flipping over one shape silhouette card and one object card to find a match.
- Shape Hunt: Follow the map and move from room to room of your house hunting for the shapes listed.