Ivy Kids kit - The Giant HugRead. Play. Learn. Create.
Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
You can find other amazing kit offerings available for purchase from our store.
Sign up to our newsletter to know when this kit is available for purchase.
If you love our products consider purchasing a Subscription Plan and never miss another Ivy Kit again.
In February's Ivy Kids Kit featuring the heart-warming book The Giant Hug by Sandra Horning, you will find:
- The book The Giant Hug by Sandra Horning
- Read along Bookmark: Use to assist with reading comprehension.
- How Many? After reading the book The Giant Hug, use the “How Many?” sheet to keep track of the number of hugs, vehicles, and postal workers that it took to send Owen's hug to Granny.
- My Big Hug Project: Create your own big hug by tracing your hands onto red foam and connecting your foam hands with yarn the same width as your real hug. Send your "hug" to someone you love.
- I Love You This Much: Use your measuring tape to measure the hug width of all the people in your family
- Send a Hug: Players take turns rolling the die and moving their pig along the envelope path. Land on a "HUG" space and give a hug to another player.
- My Mailbox: Use the markers and stickers to decorate your very own mailbox.
- My Mailbag: Use the markers to decorate your very own mailbag. Use your mailbag to collect and deliver mail when pretending to be a mail carrier.
- Make Some Mail: Use the cards and envelopes to create your own mail. The cards can be decorated with the markers and stickers.
- Special Delivery: After learning about the post office, dress-up as a postal worker with the hat, vest, and messenger bag provided. Have fun playing post office and delivering mail.
- Sorting Mail: Pretend to work at the post office and sort mail alphabetically according to where in the United States it is going.
- Make Your Own Stamps: Use the markers to create your very own postage stamps.
- Buy a Stamp: While playing post office, use the pretend coins to buy stamps. Use the stamps to decorate your mail.