Ivy Kids Kit - The Big Orange SplotLearn. Play. Create.
If you love our products consider purchasing a Subscription Plan and never miss another Ivy Kit again.
In March's Ivy Kids kit featuring the book The Big Orange Splot by Daniel Pinkwater, you will find:
- The book The Big Orange Splot by Daniel Pinkwater, a fun story that encourages creativity and individuality.
- Read along Bookmark: Use to assist with reading comprehension.
- Dream House: Use the paints, pom-poms, and jewels to create a house that represents your likes and interests. The house can also be used to store items.
- Create Your Own House: Use the wooden sticks to build a house of your dreams and then write about your house.
- Building the Neighborhood: The goal of the game is to “build” a house on each of the empty spaces on the neighborhood card. Each players rolls the die and places a cube on the corresponding number on the neighborhood card. The first player to “build” a house on each of the empty spaces on the neighborhood card wins the game.
- Chalkboard House: Use colored sticks to transform your chalkboard into a house.
- Pictionary with Household Items: The “drawer” selects a card and draws the object from the card onto the chalkboard. The other players try to guess the household item.
- Where Does It Belong?: Sort the household item stickers according to the rooms they are typically found in.
- Engineering Challenge: Use the cubes, wooden sticks, and cups provided to build different structures. How many different structures can you make?
- Can You “Splot” What Doesn’t Belong?: Find the object in each row that is different and put a splot on it with the orange dauber.
- Orange Splot Number Bingo: Players roll a die and splot corresponding numbers on their bingo sheet. The player to splot 5 spaces in a row on his or her sheet shouts “Bingo” and wins the game.
- Shades of Orange Experiment: Add different amounts of red water to yellow water to create different shades of orange. Observe how the amount of red added affects the results.