Ivy Kids Kit - Over on the FarmRead. Play. Learn. Create.
Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
You can find other amazing kit offerings available for purchase from our store.
Sign up to our newsletter to know when this kit is available for purchase.
If you love our products consider purchasing a Subscription Plan and never miss another Ivy Kit again.
This kit features a hard-cover version of the award-winning book Over on the Farm by Marianne Berkes.
This kit contains over 10 science, math, art, literacy, and engineering activities inspired by the story. This month children will learn about agriculture, farm life, and farm animals through hands-on play and exploration.
- The book Over on the Farm by Marianne Berkes, which is a story about a mother and baby farm animals.
- Read along Bookmark: Use to assist with reading comprehension.
- Piggy Bank: Use the paints to decorate the cute and functional piggy bank. The bank will make a beautiful addition to a child’s room and a great place to save money.
- Barn and Animals on the Farm: Form your barn and then use the long and short wooden sticks together to construct a barn door and fences for the farm animals.
- Wheat Plant Observation and Exploration: Look, touch, and identify the different parts of a real wheat plant. Then open the spikelets to remove the grains.
- Grow Your Own Crops: Fill your planter with soil, divide the soil into 3 areas with fences, and plant tomato, lettuce, and wheat grains.
- Build a Barn: Use the wooden sticks to create a barn.
- Story Retelling Puppets: Make the Mama and baby animals stick puppets and use them with the barn to act out the story.
- Scarecrow Craft: Use your traced hands and foam stickers to create a hanging scarecrow.
- Over on the Farm Board Game: Players take turns moving their animals along the path, collecting harvest cards along the way.
- Farm Sticker Collage: Place the farmers, animals, and farm equipment on the background to create your own realistic farm scene.
- Farm Information Board: Learn fun and interesting facts about farms.
- Farm Web: Cut out each farm product, identify where the product originates from on the farm, and paste it to the corresponding location on the web.
- How to Milk a Cow: In this experiment, the latex glove will represent the cow udder and teats. Fill the glove with water and prick the finger with a needle. Squeeze the "teat" and watch how the “milk” is pushed out.
- Tractor Harvesting: Pull-back the tractor and watch it go! Collect any harvest card that the tractor lands on or touches. How many crops can you collect?
- Farm Animal Race: Each animal has been assigned a number 1 through 6. Roll the die and place animal cards in the matching columns until you run out of cards for at least one animal. Which animal one the race?