Ivy Kids kit - Inch by InchLearn. Play. Create.
Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
Sign up to our newsletter to know when this kit is available for purchase.
If you love our products consider purchasing a Subscription Plan and never miss another Ivy Kit again.
In June's Ivy Kids Kit featuring the book Inch by Inch by Leo Lionni, you will find:
- The book Inch by Inch by Leo Lionni
- Read along Bookmark: Use to assist with reading comprehension.
- Measure Me: After reading the book, use the inchworm cubes to measure the different birds from the story: the robin’s tail, the flamingo’s neck, the toucan’s beak, the heron’s leg, the pheasant’s tail, and the hummingbird’s body.
- Rolling Out Worms: Use the play dough to create worms of different lengths and use your inchworm ruler to measure the lengths.
- Inch by Inch Story Retelling: Place the story cards in sequential order onto the inchworm board, then use the cards to retell the events from the story.
- 3D Inchworm Garden: Use grass shoots, paper flowers, and birds to create the setting from the story Inch by Inch by Leo Lionni. Then make your own inchworm to add to the garden.
- Paper Flowers: Use watercolors to paint the petals, then add the stems to create beautiful long flowers.
- Wooden Bird: Use the watercolors to paint a wooden bird.
- Inchworm: Use the pipe cleaner, pom-pom and googly eyes to create your inchworm.
- Realistic Robin: Included in this month's kit is a realistic robin for your to use in your garden.
- Construct your 3D garden: Insert the grass shoots and paper flowers into the foam to create the garden. Add the inchworm, wooden bird, and robin to re-create the story setting. Now you can use your garden for imaginative play and retelling the story Inch by Inch.
- Inch by Inch Game: Move your inchworm along the colorful path. Watch out for birds along the way! Get your inchworm to safety.
- Bead by Bead: String beads onto pipe cleaners to create colorful inchworms of different lengths and then put your inchworms in order from shortest to longest.
- Inchworm Number Story Cards: Use the inchworm cubes to solve a number story.
- Hand and Foot Measurement: Use both the inchworm cubes and links to measure the length of your traced hand and foot.
- Animal Measurement: Use inchworm cubes and links to measure the lengths of a robin, lizard, snake, insect, and worm. Record and compare your findings.
- Measuring Myself Inch by Inch: Use the measuring tape provided to measure the length of your different body parts (nose, arm, leg, head circumference, and height).