Ivy Kids Kit - A House for Hermit CrabRead. Play. Learn. Create.
Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
You can find other amazing kit offerings available for purchase from our store.
Sign up to our newsletter to know when this kit is available for purchase.
If you love our products consider purchasing a Subscription Plan and never miss another Ivy Kit again.
In July's Ivy Kids Kit, featuring the book A House for Hermit Crab by Eric Carle you will find:
- The book A House for Hermit Crab by Eric Carle.
- Read along Bookmark: Use to assist with reading comprehension.
- A House for My Hermit Crab: Create a special shell for your hermit crab using the plate as a shell and the stickers for decoration.
- Hermit Crab Facts: Learn some fun and interesting facts about hermit crabs.
- Hermit Crab Body Parts: Identify the hermit crab's body parts by cutting and pasting the parts in the right locations.
- Hermit Crab Shell Observation: Investigate a real hermit crab shell and record your observations. A ruler is provided to measure the shell.
- Hermit Crab's Year: Sequence all the events in Hermit Crab's Year.
- Sea Creature Suncatchers: Paint the different sea creatures and create beautiful and colorful suncatchers for your window.
- Shell Observation and Exploration: Use your different senses to study the various types of shells included in this month's kit.
- Shell Sort: Sort the shells by type and size. How many other ways can you think of to sort the shells?
- Painting Shells: Use the paints provided to paint your shells.
- Hermit Crab Shell Race: Two players each roll a dice. The player with the greater number moves his shell forward one space. The player to get his shell to the hermit crab first wins the race.
- My Hermit Crab: In this month's kit you will receive a pretend hermit crab that is hiding inside a shell. If you place your hermit crab in water, he will start to slowly peek out of his shell. If you leave your hermit crab in the water he will continue to grow.
- Hermit Crab Habitat: Use sand, shells, sea animals, and plants to create a habitat for your hermit crab.