Ivy Kids kit - The HatLearn. Play. Create.
If you love our products consider purchasing a Subscription Plan and never miss another Ivy Kit again.
In December's Ivy Kids Kit featuring the magnificently illustrated book The Hat by Jan Brett, you will find:
- The classic winter book The Hat by Jan Brett.
- Read along Bookmark: Use to assist with reading comprehension.
Hedgie the Hedgehog: A soft and cuddly hedgehog to use for story-retelling.
- Hedgie's Hat: Use your markers to color a sock and place it on Hedgie's head, just like in the story.
- Felt Hat: Decorate your own felt winter hat.
- Felt Clothes and Mini-Clothesline: Color and cut felt to make clothes. Use your box and included supplies to make a mini-clothesline.
- Story Props: As you read the book The Hat act out the events from the story. Remove clothes from the clothesline and create "hats" for the different farm animals.
- Animals on the Farm: Match the farm animal to its home on the farm.
- Clay Hedgie: Use clay to sculpt a hedgehog. Then use it to play a fun math game.
- How Many Spines on Hedgie: Players take turns picking number cards and adding spines to clay hedgehogs. Whose hedgehog will have the most spines?
- Farm Animal Race: Six farm animals are on a race to find a hat. Roll the shape dice and move the animals on the different shape paths. Which animal will get to the clothesline first?
- Hat and Stocking Shape Game: Roll the dice, find the shape and cover it with a snowflake. The first player to cover all the shapes on his board wins.
- All About Hedgehogs: Learn fun and interesting facts about hedgehogs.
- Draw Your Own Hedgie: Use the stuffed hedgehog to help you draw all the parts of a hedgehog.
- Farm Animal Bingo: Take turns picking farm animal cards. The player whose board has the animal, covers it with a snowflake. Cover 3 farm animals in a row to get bingo.